Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Things that #IJustCant (#ICantEven)

Alright ... venting session in progress.


af15

I just cannot FATHOM why some people do the stupid shit that they do.


I swear, it feels like I have a new tale to tell about author stupidity ... EVERY! SINGLE! DAY!


And you know what bothers me the most? It's the fact that at heart, I am an author advocate. But some shit, I simply cannot advocate. Blatant stupidity is one of them.


Another thing that bothers me is that some people would argue that what I'm about to tell you is a isolated incident. Truth is, it's not! I see shit like this more and more every day.


It's just adding to my disenchantment with Social Media. Yet, I find myself between a rock and a hard place, because of my line of work. I work with authors. So, it's not like I can just retire from Social Media altogether. I sort of have to sit there and see the absurdity, unfortunately.


bitmoji49745536


I suppose I should say something before I go on.


I'm the first person to understand mental weakness and mental illness. Shit, I've been exposed to it my entire life. Even then, that makes no excuse for shameless idiocy.


cropped-element_beads1.png


So there was one person whom I network with on Facebook and such, and inclusively have advocated for in the past, who yesterday put up a post on Facebook. It read:



"OMG I can't believe it. I'm pregnant. I'm so happy."


(Or something along those line. I can't remember it verbatim.)


Immediately the congratulatory comments came pouring it. Along with these congratulatory comments came her responses which were a combination of "thank you's", "I'm so surprised", "I can't believe it myself" and "It's a miracle because my husband had a vasectomy".


Truth be told when I saw that last comment, my first thought was "Maury Show, here she comes." but that's besides the point.


1728animated_gif_not_the_father


I fell prey to this post, since I consider pregnancy a big deal, and immediately congratulated her.


Next thing I know, this morning, she writes another Facebook post in which she stated that the "pregnancy post" was a lie. That she just wrote it because she got "tired of being ignored" on Facebook and was "looking for attention".


My reaction ...?


bitmoji2064565899


Followed by ...


bitmoji675382164


I mean ...


Aria-Montgomery-Are-You-Serious-GifLets look at the facts, shall we?




  1. If you're THAT starving for attention, then you need to reconsider your life.

  2. Do you realize how many people out there in this world really do want to have children and can't?!

  3. If you expect your career as an author to take off after this (and you were struggling to begin with) then you got another thing coming.

  4. This is a highly offensive thing to say and do.

  5. Now you expect people to just say "Oh So-and-so, it's okay. We forgive you." ... Um, how about? NOPE!


I'm over here like ...

bitmoji1410210000

Lady, we authors have a hard enough time as it is for CRAZY ASS FOLK LIKE YOURSELF to be doing ridiculous shit like that.


No, but I'm so serious. People like this are ruining the market. I'm continually flabbergasted at the lack of etiquette, common sense, gratitude and respect (self and otherwise). It's making me question my career path.


I established All Authors to be all inclusive. Do you mean to tell me that I now have to preform background checks on people because of the amount of crazy that I'm encountering on a daily basis?


Because, the problem is that their crazy reflects badly on the label that I'm trying to create.


bitmoji-413015722


cropped-element_beads1.png



So, here is the current scenario:


Her:


125428-thumb

Me:


tumblr_lesewbCi2J1qaqaiyYeah chick, I kinda am.


Well ... I suppose my venting session is over for now.

1 comment:

  1. The sad thing is that she probably doesn't even realize the magnitude of what she did but I think a joke like that is pretty stupid.

    ReplyDelete