Friday, August 28, 2015

The Past 6 Years

And to think ...


Just 6 years ago I was a teacher and had very little thought, IF at all, of becoming a writer.


And yet, here I am 6 years later and I am not only a writer, but a published author and the Owner/Founder of All Authors Publications & Promotions.


Today, I'd like to take a small walk down Memory Lane.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2009


Me 2009

In 2009 I was teaching at Candil Jacaranda Montessori School in Plantation, Florida, USA. I had a pretty little class of 15 toddlers and was very happy doing what I did. Although the pay was little, the reward was great. However, I always knew that I wanted more.


My hair was a little more than shoulder length, but it was too hot to let it down, and my tan was pretty perfect.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2010


Me 2010

In 2010 I decided to try a bunch of new things. Among them was a new hair color, a different hair style, a new shade of lipstick, and ... WRITING A BOOK!


This was the year that Yasmin Correa-Hernandez, officially became Y. Correa, Author. It was a great year for new things, and I was happy.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2011


Me 2011


In 2011 I got sick and tired of the long hair and chopped it off. Along with that look came the large hoops. That was about the biggest change in my life that year, other than making new friendly connections online in the Writing Community.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2012


me 2012

In 2012 I was preparing myself for a huge change. I was fixing to leave Florida and move back to New York.


I was desperate for a change to the mundane and a distancing from the day to day chaos that was living in Florida. Plus, I really hated the heat. So, plans were made and in March of that year I zipped off to my Home-state of New York.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2013


Me 2013

Unbeknownst to me at the time, 2013 would hold a butt load of changes. Some good and some not so good.

In 2013 I would publish "MarcoAntonio & Amaryllis", and a had full of other short stories, AND create the All Authors Blog Blitz.


It was also in 2013 when I became highly ill, was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, Stage 3.


The struggle has been real with my health since that year, but that year was also the start of amazing things.


I met Queen of Spades, who ultimately became the Vice President of All Authors Publication & Promotions. I also met A. Lopez Jr. and many other amazing people, some not so amazing. That year was the year of the Open Door.


September of 2013 marked my partnership with The Review Board while November of 2013 marked the beginning of All Authors Magazine.


Unfortunately, 2013 also saw my return to Florida as I was having difficulty dealing with my health issues.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2014


Me 2014


In 2014 the adventure continued. Not just with my ongoing health issues, but also the growth of All Authors Publications & Promotions.


In 2014 I established the All Authors Publishing House, All Authors Graphic Design, among many other All Authors subsidiaries.


2014 also saw the commencement of many different writing projects, and story ideas, as well as business ideas which flowed nonstop.


It was in 2014 when the All Authors Certificate of Excellence was born as well.


Working hand in hand with Queen of Spades, from a distance (as she was in New Jersey and I in Florida) many, many things came into fruition—including a superb friendship. It was a wonderful partnership, and still is.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



2015


Me 2015


2015 has been another year full of change and surprises. In 2015 Queen of Spades became my business partner and our closely growing friendship led to an important decision. Do I stay in Florida, or do I make the leap to New Jersey?


To me the answer was clear, so off to New Jersey I went.


2015 has been replete with accomplishments, not just for me, but also the authors under my belt. It has been a wondrous adventure of ongoing expansion and new endeavors.


By the end of 2015 I hope to see the publishing of at least one more book, and much, much more.bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln


2015 isn't over yet, but the things we've effectuated until this point are immense and I know that there is so much more to look forward to on the event horizon. Stay tuned, for if 6 years made such enormous changes, I can only image what the next 6 years will bring.


PS:


I also don't look half bad for "over the hill". 6 years hasn't changed me one bit. Okay, okay, maybe just a little around the edges. LOL :D :P

No comments:

Post a Comment