Thursday, July 7, 2016

Women In Science Fiction: Devorah Fox

cooltext193215565698668

devorahWebsite
Twitter: @devorah_fox
Facebook
Google+
YouTube



Author Bio:


"What if ... ?" Those two words all too easily send Devorah Fox spinning into flights of fancy. Best-selling author of The Lost King, The King's Ransom, and The King's Redress in The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam literary fantasy series she also co-authored the contemporary thriller, Naked Came the Sharks with Jed Donellie and contributed to Masters of Time, a SciFi/Fantasy Time Travel anthology. Publisher and editor of the BUMPERTOBUMPER® books for commercial motor vehicle drivers she is developer of the Easy CDL test prep apps. Born in Brooklyn, New York, she now lives in The Barefoot Palace in Port Aransas on the Texas Gulf Coast where writes the "Dee-Scoveries" blog at http://devorahfox.com and herds 3 rescued tabby cats.



DeepBlueDividerBlurb:


A clone who usurps his own destiny--and with it, the power of Time. A time travel romance that would defy death, and an alluring agent from the future hunting her prey...

Imaginative and heart-pounding stories are woven into the fabric of this time travel short story collection. From adventure to loss, hope and sacrifice, each tale touches upon the precious value given to Time, and what we'd do with it, if we were its masters.


mastersoftimecover



Excerpt:


 If I could, I would roll back time. Then Mike wouldn’t have suffered and died a stupid, wasteful cancer death, and Ernie would once again live the family-man life that he loved.


Lifting my hands from the keyboard, I fold them in my lap and tilt back my desk chair. I think, I could do it. I could turn back time. I’m a novelist. I invent entire universes, events, people so real that my characters have their own fan clubs. If I concentrate hard enough I could connect with the Universe, put the thought out there with all of my being so intensely that it would become reality. Mike would live a deservedly long life, robust, energetic. Ernie would find himself in his last home with his boys, even his former wife.


I shudder with a frisson of terror. What if I am successful? Undoing the events that led to Mike’s premature demise and Ernie’s misfortunes could mean that I would never meet either of them. The very thought makes my eyes sting and squeezes my heart. Am I willing to pay that price for their happiness?



Purchase Links


Amazon




1 comment: