Monday, June 22, 2015

Reinvigoration!

invigorateWhy am I feeling reinvigorated, you ask?


Well, I'm so happy you asked that question!


About 2 years ago I started working on a WIP titled "Genesis Ellipse ...". When the inspiration hit I was completely enamored with the idea of the story and knew that if I struck all of the right cords it would be a story to be reckoned with. Controversial as it may be, I knew that it would be a story the likes of which most had never seen or read, for that matter.



However, what would wind up happening?


I lost my inspiration. :(


Yup! I sure did. Not only did I lose my inspiration, but I got an enormous case of Writers Block. It was the worst thing that could happen.


Funny thing is that I knew exactly why it had happened. It went a little something like this:




  1. I began to stress about the depth of the story. The layers that constituted it were profound and HAD to be executed properly.

  2. I took "a break" from writing the story because I wanted to make sure that I gave myself sufficient time to think through the 'kinks" and make sure that everything melded together properly.

  3. I started to stress because the kinks may have gotten a bit too profound.

  4. Stress turned into depression.

  5. Depression turned into Writers Block.

  6. Writers Block turned into an incomplete story.


It was a terrible thing to endure. I couldn't help but think that maybe I'd bitten off more than I could chew. Maybe I wasn't apt for the challenge. Maybe my skills were simply not cut to carry out such a feat. Maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't be able to make this story come into fruition.


Truthfully, I almost tossed out the idea altogether.


Just recently, and with LOTS AND LOTS of help from my Publishers Mentoring Program, I've restarted working on "Genesis Ellipse ..." and am happy to announce that I've conjured up a plan of action as to how I am going to go about getting this work at the very least finished by the end of this year. Maybe not published, but finishing it alone would be an enormous accomplishment.


So, needless to say, I AM SUPER EXCITED!


Finally my muse is breathing new life into "Genesis Ellipse ...".


No comments:

Post a Comment