Thursday, February 14, 2019

I Don't HATE Valentine's Day ... I Just Don't Agree with it.


Please ... call me bitter if you must. Frankly, I don't care.

The truth is, I don't necessarily hate Valentine's Day. I just don't agree with the politics.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I know the spiel.
Saint Valentine ordained this day to be a day that we show the people that we love how much we appreciate them. I get it. I do. But let's call a spade, a spade, shall we?
Valentine's Day has become so commercialized that you almost feel guilty for being single because you don't have anyone that will give you all the red-and-pink colored stuff. Nor, can you do it in return.
The minute you set foot in stores the day after New Years, everything has morphed from holiday cheer to hearts and roses. You're bum-rushed by all the "love" in the air.


It's like the air has puked all the red and pink frilly stuff into our environment and we are being forced to breath it in.


Well, what if you don't have anyone to love or that loves you back? At least, in the romantic way. Then what? You feel like shit about it because everyone around you has gotten all the "sweet and endearing" gifts and you haven't. It makes you just want to get home and cry while getting drunk off your ass.


So ... what do I do to not feel like a huge pile of horse shit on Valentine's Day?
I celebrate the people I love; my kids, family and friends. Then, come February 15th, I go to the local Walmart and buy all of the Valentine's Day chocolates at half price. 


So, like I said. I don't hate Valentine's Day, I just don't agree.