Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Dreaded "Rut" ...


As far as sayings go, this one pretty much covers it.

Grrrr! How I hate this place with a fervent passion. It's like pulling teeth slowly without an anesthetic. ðŸ˜ ðŸ˜¤
What is that rut, you ask? Well ... the proverbial Writer's Block.
Sheesh! I swear, it never fails. I can be in a perfectly productive flow when BOOM! life hits me with some unforeseen and unfortunate circumstance, then just like that ... RUT! It fucking sucks!
I mean, to think that I finished writing "Peter Blade" 6 months ago today and I have yet to finish editing it. At this rate it will never be out come Halloween. I don't even know what to do anymore. Honestly, I am at the point where I want to give up on writing altogether. Just go to all of the retail outlets and delete every single book I have published. No longer call myself a writer. Seriously, what good is a writer that doesn't write, right? Right.


If there were enough hours in a day, or enough time on my hands, and perhaps no illnesses to deal with, or home to support, then I would have all the time in the world to write. But that simply isn't the case. I am a busy woman--my life is jam packed with "To Dos" giving me little time for anything else. And, when that little time comes all I want to do is rest because I'm either exhausted or in pain.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do ... anyone? Please?