Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Oh, How We Love Drama!

cooltext163424281905544So, I had this really interesting conversation the other day with my bestie. We were talking about blogging, and we came to a very funny conclusion.



Humanity loves drama!


The conversation went a little something like this ...


Me: I wonder why it is that whenever one puts up an "important blog post" you get very little blog traffic, but when you put up a BS blog post, everyone is interested?


Bestie: Well, the same thing goes with Facebook. You put up a thoughtful status and people ignore it or don't comment. Yet, if you put up a picture or a BS status, or something gossipy, people are all in.


Me: OMG! That's so true! Thoughtful status, scroll, scroll, scroll on by! BS blog post or picture, 1 million likes!


Bestie: Thoughtful blog post, no one reads it. Random food picture, 2,152 likes.


Me: Talk about my book on the blog; ignore, ignore, ignore. Have a vent session and hoop and holler about how angry I am at the world; 150 likes, 75 shares.


Bestie: It just goes to show, people love drama.


Confused-Cat-Meme-2


So, that got me thinking. If people love drama then why don't they take a look at some of the books I advertise here? Some of those are cover to cover drama. * shrugs * Go figure.


But, that's neither here nor there.


So, I guess what I'm trying to figure out (and not that I'm really concerned with the numbers game) what types of blog posts do people REALLY want to see/read?

No comments:

Post a Comment