Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Diaries of a Whovian -- Entry 1

Hello everyone,


So...


I've been watching Doctor Who (modern series) on Hulu Plus for the, oh I dunno, 3rd time, from the beginning. Again.


Opening-Credits-Gif-doctor-who-27591609-500-279I can't help it. I can watch it over and over.


All right, so I'll be the first to admit that it took me some time to adjust to the change from Matt Smith to Peter Capaldi. I'm by no means saying that I dislike Peter, but let's face it, he had SOME MIGHTY BIG SHOES to fill.


Admittedly, Matt was and still is my favorite Doctor, followed by David Tennant. THEN Peter, and lastly Christopher.


While I did not dislike Christopher, I did not miss him when he was gone, unfortunately.


Back to what I was saying...


It took me at least 3 episodes to get used to Peter. But now, it's all good. I am definitely enjoying his rendition. Yes, it's a bit darker, but understandably so. I mean, lately, my beloved Doc hasn't had it easy. Ya know?


Doctor-Who-Series-8-Peter-Capaldi-350x200There is something about him that reminds me a lot of William Hartnell  who played the Doctor from 1963 to 1966 during the original series (which I've seen as well--cheesy graphics and all. Lol).


The_First_Doctor

But I can't quite put my finger on it.


Now...


While I'm still growing accustomed to the new look and temperament of the grand old Doctor, I came to realize that I've seen that face before. And I don't mean on another show or movie (although that too). But did you know that Mr. Capaldi, our loved comedically pessimistic Doctor has been featured in the Doctor Who franchise before?


Oh, yes! Yes indeed!


yellow_face_wink


Here ya go!


Doctor_Who__Steven_Moffat_has_an_explanation_for_Peter_Capaldi_s_earlier_appearances


He was featured on Season 4, Episode 2, "The Fires of Pompeii"  aired May 2nd, 2008. He played Caecilius. 


Fires-of-Pompeii


He also appeared in all five episodes of Torchwood: Children of Earth in 2009, playing John Frobisher.

torchwood-john-frobisher-peter-capaldi

This is me just probably being philosophical but it makes you wonder-


Member the episode when Melanie Pond is dying and she regenerated and turns into River Song? Alight, she said, verbatim, "I'm concentrating on a dress size." This makes me wonder, since she was able to channel what body type she wanted, could it be possible that the Doctor too already knew what he wanted to look like and "concentrated" on Caecilius.


Could be...! I'm just saying.


This is me mentally trying to make sense of this--basically, it's the writer in me at work.

Until next time, when I am going to pose a very interesting question in regards to The Doctor and River Song.

Well, that's it for now.

#ThatIsAll

Toodles.

doctor-who-tardis

No comments:

Post a Comment