Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Finally Finishing a Pending Project Feels Great





Cha'Lo, mis amores!

How goes it? 😉 Hope you are all doing well. 😊

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted on here and I am happy to announce that they have been very productive.
FINALLY, I completed a story that I'd had on the back-burner for about 5 years. Yes, 5 flipping years! 🤗
Insanity, how quickly time goes by. Before you know it, a year has come and gone and your WIP is STILL "in progress". 😳

At any rate, I am very excited about this project. It is my first attempt at writing a Dark Psychological Drama. Some people might consider it to be a light horror, but in my mind it really isn't. Of course, no two minds are exactly alike so what I might view as "brain fuckery" is probably "scary shit" to someone else.

Now you, the public, won't get a glimpse of this story until later on in the year. I'm still in the editing process, and all that lovely boring stuff. However, I have set the official release date for October. The up side of that is that throughout the year I will be giving you tidbits of the story, something to nibble on until the book is released.

Here is a little bit about it ...

The Title:

The title is "Peter Blade", named after the main character.

The Hook:

The hook line of the story is a bit of word play. It is, "Life gives you surprises, but surprises gives you life." It basically means that life is made up of surprises, the unexpected, and we have to accept that.

The Setting:

The story is set in the year 1970 but goes as far back as the 1940s. Therefore, it is a historical fiction. The backbone of the story is set in New York, USA, but it also visits places like Miami, Florida USA and Puerto Rico.

The Main Character:

Unfortunately, I cannot call the main character a hero because he is far from it. His name is Peter Blade (obviously), a name that he adopted through time. Peter is a highly disturbed individual and the story is essentially a look into his mind and life.

The Plot:

The plot is best described as "a night to remember" in the most ominous way possible. Mainly, because the entire story takes place in a single night. You can also say that, in a way, it starts at the end.

Alright, so ...

This is all I can say without ruining the entire story for potential readers. Suffice it to say, I put in a lot of brain power into tapping into Peter's mind. I just hope that you can see that when you read the story.

So, coming to book stores near you in October 2018 is "Peter Blade". Wait for it. Woot! 🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment