Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Video Blogging: Bad Idea ...

AT LEAST FOR ME!


It's just ...


mouse-not-for-me

Okay, so let me tell you a little bit about my adventure with Video Blogging.

bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln

Yesterday I woke up with this amazing idea. "Y," I said, "You should definitely try Video Blogging. I mean, it's cool, it's fun, a lot more people are doing it nowadays, and it might help attract more people to your blog since most people are visual."


Well, dam! I surprised myself with that idea.


I was all in too.
all in



It's funny how what seems like an outstanding idea one minute, turns into a terrible idea the very next.


bronze_beaded_divider___design_png_by_jssanda-d6arcln



TWENTY! FIVE! TRIES!


25!


Yup, that's what I said, TWENTY-FREAKING-FIVE!


It took me exactly 25 tries to realize that I wasn't cut out for it. Twenty five tries, to know that it takes a special, certain type of somebody to endeavor into the uncharted grounds of Video Blogging. Twenty five times to say "To hell with it" and toss the camera aside.


It's no wonder I'm a writer, because I turn into a heaping pile of monkey feces in front of a camera.


But, do you want to know what makes this all the more funny?


I used to sing semi-professionally.


Yep, sure did. I actually have a video to prove it.



Me Singing on Facebook


I had even, in the past, participated in singing competitions (in Spanish, mostly).


And yet, I cannot stand in front of a camera and talk!


What-MinionNow maybe it was just the circumstances that didn't allow a very well executed Video Blog. Let's count the faux pas, shall we?




  1. The heat was OUT-FREAKING-RAGEOUS!

  2. My face was melting due to it.

  3. My face was all blotchy and I couldn't stop sweating.

  4. My throat was dry, and no matter how much water I drank, it just wasn't enough.

  5. I swear that a bug flew in my mouth.

  6. My eyebrows were doing a weird thing. Like "The Rock" gone wrong.

  7. Then my mind kept going blank and I kept stuttering.


I'm like, you mean to tell me that I can sing in front of a camera just fine, but once I'm asked to talk, I go sheep-shit-dumb?!

Now, of course, I'm not ruling out trying again at some point. Shoot, you may even see me on camera some time in the near future. But for today ...?

video

No comments:

Post a Comment