Friday, November 14, 2014

So... "WHO" is this "Doctor"?!

Cha'Lo dear readers/followers.


As those who follow this blog know, I am a huge Whovian.


whovian-institute


I've made it my mission to learn the entire story of Doctor Who. I've gone through all of the episodes available on Netflix and HuluPlus which even includes the old series (1963-1989). I've gone as far as to add anything that I could find on Amazon.com--like, comic books, novels, audio books and said things--as I plan on getting acquainted with those as well. My primary initiative is to learn more about the Eight Doctor. But I'll get into that at another time.


tumblr_static_the_twelve_doctors_wallpaper_by_daniellekoorevaar-d6gqfvw


So the main reason that I'm coming to you today is because last night whilst recovering from a 2 day migraine, I had a sudden "Who" craving. So I began to surf Hulu (as I was already on there) and came across a movie titled "Doctor Who and the Daleks" made back in 1965. And the first thought that ran through my mind was "WHAT? How had I never head of this movie before?"


tumblr_inline_nau6r4HkCW1r34rln


The movie featured a Doctor that I'd never seen or heard of before, his granddaughters (Barbara and Susan), Barbara's boyfriend Ian, the TARDIS and even the Daleks.


Suffice it to day that I was hooked. Curiosity killed this cat, for sure.


Here is the blurb:


Based on a story from the BBC TV serial "Doctor Who" albeit re-imagined. Scientist Dr. Who accidentally activates his new invention, the Tardis, a time machine disguised as a police telephone box. Dr. Who, his two grand-daughters, and Barbara's boyfriend Ian are transported through time and space to the planet Skaro, where a peaceful race of Thals are under threat of nuclear attack from the planet's other inhabitants: the robotic mutant Daleks.


I was like, "Whao!" Shocked that I'd never seen or heard of it. However, I should have been clued in when I noticed some things hidden in the blurb. More specifically the "re-imagined" and "new invention" bit.


tumblr_inline_n127iryXnE1qafrh6


Before I go on, here is the YouTube trailer:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0zenI7_H8


Alright... Let me just say this...


2cfecco



#NOPE!!


So, I had some big problems with this movie. And here they are...




  1. The Doctor is A HUMAN! Umm... How about "HELL NO!"? First of all, The Doctor CANNOT be The Doctor if he is human. The Nurse maybe, but The Doctor? NOPE!

  2. The TARDIS was supposedly "invented" by him. Um, again... NOPE! Any Whovian knows that the TARDIS was stolen.

  3. There was NO sonic screwdriver, as the matter of fact there were no Doctor Who antics whatsoever. He was just this boring old man that did nothing but talk technobabble. BOOORING!

  4. The entire movie was nothing but dialogue. There was no real adventure, no real excitement, and no real mystery to solve. Just this long drawn out movie about the Doctor talking crap about the Daleks.

  5. The Doctor was actually being referred to as "Dr. Who" as if that was his name.


tumblr_inline_n9fupnHuOU1rng6fs

Needless to say... NOT IMPRESSED!


So, have you all seen this movie, and if you have, what are your thoughts? I'd love to know.

 

Until next time...

:D

bye bye master

No comments:

Post a Comment